Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Meet CMT President Nichole Birdsong

Nichole Birdsong

position: President
birthday: December 3, 1991
hometown: Tyler, TX
major: Cell & Molecular Biology
what you like to do in your free time: Relax with friends and read!
favorite movie: Normally depends on my mood.. but Top Gun and Pride and Prejudice, are 2 of my favorites.
favorite food: Chips and Queso (I am from Texas!)
favorite DG or Greek event: Work week! A whole week of spending time with everyone. What could be better??
why did you run for the CMT position you hold?: 
I wanted to make a difference. Coming to Tech I was extremely shy and I did not even think that being in a sorority was for me, much less being President. Delta Gamma has shown me that anything is possible, and made me into the woman I am today. What convinced me run for my first CMT position last year, VP Social Standards, was just one person believing that I could make a difference; that one person gave me the courage I needed to take a chance.
Favorite quote:
“If you lose hope, somehow you lose the 
vitality that keeps like moving, you lose that 
courage to be, that quality that helps you go 
in spite of it all. And so today I still have a 
dream.”   
—Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
What you hope for
I hope that are chapter will never become stagnant! No matter where the chapter is, something always needs improvement and adjustments. To achieve our dreams we cannot forget where we have come from. I cannot wait to come back to our chapter when I am old, and say "I helped make this".

No comments:

Post a Comment